At GROWBY, you learn to create and run your own business. So you want to be your own boss, but
- don't have the capital
- don't process the required skills and know-how
- worry about failure
- all of the above
Well, we will teach you a fool-hardy way. And we will try to make it really simple, because you won't need:
- massive capital financing
- elaborate business plan
- expensive advertising
- high-rent store front
Entrepreneurship on the Cheap
Here are the step-by-painful-step, in strict order:
- Tackle every problem with enthusiasm, humor and pizzazz. (You know: just like GROWBY...)
- Come up with a good idea - What product or service are you trying to sell? (You know: like our GROWBY Board Game!)
- Determine its feasibility - Is there a market for it? Will it be profitable? etc. (You know: like how GROWBY has been developing, evolving, and researching forever...)
- Plan out where and how to acquire the necessary ingredients - but don't buy or manufacture anything for the time being - you have neither the money nor the customers yet. (You know: like how GROWBY is currently still nothing but a concept.)
- Work through all the bugs (that's computer jargon for problems) (You know: just like how GROWBY is struggling through her progress.)
- Promote it vigorously on the Web - So you better learn how to be a do-it-yourself WebMaster. After all, hiring a Web designer can be very expensive. (You know: set up a site like www.GROWBY.com)
- Combine your ingenuity with the eHosting tools available - to determine if your idea would fly. (You know: like our GROWBY's membership drive)
- Delegate critical tasks to the experts - preferably for free. (You know: like GROWBY's Game Design Contest and Volunteer Recruitment)
- Put to work your well-layout plans (as in step 3 above), once you ascertain that you have enough customers ready and willing.
- If you need to hire help, select your employees from the volunteers. After all, they have already proven themselves dedicated and competent. (You know: that's why GROWBY values and relies on them so much.)
- Voilà! Pass around the Champaign and caviar! (You know: you should really thank GROWBY first!)
Go through the steps on the above list sequentially. If you can answer YES to every single item, you just may have a fine chance at entrepreneurship on the cheap. Any NO answer would disqualify you, or at least the cheap part.
So there you have it: simple, maybe, but, we never promise you it would be easy. You may be eating a lot of cabbage and beans, but try not to starve yourself - we don't want to be responsible for a dead entrepreneur-wanna-be. And, instead of a 9-to-5 job, you probably end up working from 5 a.m. to 9 p.m., or even 24-7. But that's what happen when you're a CyberBoss! C'est la vie! Life is never fair, so just suck it up. Enough of advice - just get on with it now! Good luck... you're gonna need it...
P.S.: Considering we CyberBosses are officially working 24-7, realistically 16-7, but feeling like 25-8, we are at least allowed to be a bit flippant and goofy, just to ward off the exhaustion virus.
[GROWBY Home | Games| Table Of Content]
Disclaimer: GROWBY© is as yet an idealogical concept to be implemented. Any program and entity mentioned on our site are but proposals, not concrete deliverables. We need your generous support to make it a reality.
Web Work by