The GROWBY Board Game
GROWBY is not a typical board game, where each board supports only one game. The GROWBY game is designed like a deck of playing cards, which offers multiple games, as many as your and our imaginations combined can create, implying infinity! We welcome you to check out our many game plans...
How Does GROWBY Compare?
Can a traditional board game compete with today's market of Internet, computer and video games, with dazzling sound and captivating graphics? Certainly, if you are interested in educational values, innovative ideas, intellectual pursuits and other more gratifying rewards. GROWBY is a traditional board game with a creative spin, just as "Harry Potter" is a traditional story book with a magical twist. Substance shall triumph over hypes.
Here are some suggestions on the type of people who would be interested in GROWBY:
For the Savvy
- Plan your move to block your opponents' advances.
- Test your alertness and adaptability
- Mentally keep track of opponents' scores and act accordingly.
- Risk for higher gain or conserve existing holdings.
- Optimize your path to maximize opportunities.
- Control your own destiny by overcoming the risk factors
- Balance the elements of risks and rewards
For the Creative
- Arrange the G-chips in any pattern that suits your fancy - be as creative and as strategic as you so desire.
- Create traps by forming narrow paths.
- Generate excitement by racing for the highest scores.
- There will be enough variation that you never play the same game twice.
- Let your imagination go wild - create your own rules
- Change the variety and combination of the Game Assignments to suit your own taste.
For the Gambler
- Risk your entire holding in order to turn the tide.
- Bluff your way to success.
- Bet on calculated risks.
- Search for infinite opportunities - lucky? benign? fatal?
- Discover mystery of the unknown - a prize? a trap? a fortune?
- Gamble on each move.
For the Easy-Going
- Relax and enjoy the game - let your luck work for you - nothing else.
- Laugh at others' follies in risky gambles.
- Celebrate your opponents' misfortune - their losses mean your gain, period.
For the Whiz Kids
- Show off your I.Q. by solving all the brain teasers.
- Compete using your repertoire of knowledge.
- Challenge your wit by spotting all the trick questions.
The GROWBY Game Plans
Warning: these game plans are only the alpha versions, to be perfected after our GROWBY Game Design Contest. We sincerely invite your participation - have fun... And visit us often, because new games will sprout as fast as our creative game inventors can churn them out.
- 02/12 3-Directional Crossword
- 02/12 ABC (think education)
- 00/00 Amen (think religion)
- 02/12 Anatomy 101
- 00/00 Battle between the Sexes
- 00/00 Black Magic
- 02/11 Bon Appetit (think food)
- 02/11 Bull or Bear (think stock market)
- 02/11 Casino GROWBY (think gambling)
- 00/00 Charlatan (think crooks)
- 00/00 Clues or Fools
- 02/12 Computer Geeks
- 02/11 Cops and Robber (think problem solving)
- 00/00 Dark Ages
- 04/07 Dice and Slice (think Yatzee)
- 02/11 Friday the 13th (think Calendar)
- 00/00 Genius at Work and Idiots on Guard
- 02/11 Globe Trotter (think travel)
- 04/07 Good Riddance (think strategy)
- 00/00 Governing Party
- 02/12 History 101
- 02/11 HexaMaze
- 02/11 High Fashion
- 00/00 Honor Roll (think education)
- 02/11 Humongous Bank (think finance and money)
- 00/00 iSpy
- 04/07 Loop-O-Loops (think strategy)
- 00/00 Mad Scientist
- 02/12 Magical Adventure (formerly Kid Wizard's Adventure)
- 04/07 Magical Odyssey (think Harry Potter)
- 00/00 Mama Mia
- 02/11 Match Maker (think memory drill)
- 02/12 Mix and Match (think potpourri)
- 00/00 Monimal - Monster Animal (think Pokemon)
- 04/07 Mountain Biking (think extreme sports)
- 00/00 Movie Underground
- 02/12 Musical Tunes
- 00/00 Neural Connections
- 00/00 On a Roll
- 00/00 One Roar, the World in Awe
- 00/00 One-Eyed Detective
- 00/00 One-Upmanship
- 00/00 Paddywagon
- 00/00 ParticipAction
- 00/00 Pet Peeves
- 00/00 Poppycock
- 05/02 Psycho-Babble
- 00/00 Rags to Riches
- 00/00 Rendezvous
- 00/00 Roller Coaster
- 00/00 Secretive Tycoon (think money)
- 00/00 Tax Evasion
- 02/12 Travel 101
- 02/11 Treasure Hunt
- 00/00 Trick or Treat
- 04/07 Triple Ripples (think strategy)
- 00/00 Twinkle, Twinkle Little Stars (think astronomy)
- 00/00 Truth or Dare
- 00/00 Unknown Planet (think astronomy)
- 00/00 Upstart Millionaire (think money)
- 02/12 Viva Vowels
- 02/11 Wheel and Deal (think real-estate)
- 00/00 When in Doubts, Do the Obvious
- 00/00 Wild Wild West (think cowboys)
- 02/11 Win the Battle but Lose the War
- 00/00 Young and Restless (think patience)
- 00/00 Your Honor (think justice)
P.S. Some of these games are yet to be conceived. But the names are catchy. No worry, sooner or later, some creative souls would come up with something fun... just put your trust in the amazing pasture of human ingenuity.
[GROWBY Home | Games| Table Of Content]
Disclaimer: GROWBY© is as yet an idealogical concept to be implemented. Any program and entity mentioned on our site are but proposals, not concrete deliverables. We need your generous support to make it a reality.
Web Work by